I partly blame social media for my short attention span but I aim to retrain my brain into reading for periods longer than 15 minutes. My goal this year, one book a month (or twelve books this year). In my mind, I’d like to think, I’ll blow this out of the park.
Just like my listen list, this post is an ever-changed piece as I add new titles to the list, scratch off ones I didn’t love and review the ones I did love.
I appreciate and welcome any recommendations. Feel free to post your suggestions in the comment section below. I’m also keen to learn how others are able to fully zone into a book and not get distracted.
What I’m Reading:
She Means Business by Carrie Green
The Barefoot Investor by Scott Pape
(in no particular order)
- Way of a Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman
- The Personal MBA by Josh Kaufman
- A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle
- The Snowball Warren Buffet and the Business Life by Alice Shroeder
- Stitched Up: The Anti-Capitalist Book of Fashion by Tansy E. Hoskins
- Let My People Go Surfing by Yvon Chouinard
- Slow Fashion: Aesthetics Meets Ethics by Safia Minney
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It by Michael E. Gerber
- Theme Weaver: Connect the Power of Inspiration to Teaching Yoga by Michelle Berman Marchildon
- The Untethered Soul by Michael A. Singer
- The Beauty Myth: How Images of Beauty Are Used Against Women by Naomi Wolf
- Steal Like An Artist by Austin Kleon
- A Whole New Mind by Daniel H. Pink
- The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons
- The Curated Closet by Anuschka Rees
What I Read and Loved (2017):
Remarkability by Lorraine Murphy – read my review
All Time Favourites:
The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
Jessica by Bryce Courtenay
Chinese Cinderella and Falling Leaves by Adeline Yen Mah
Don’t forget to leave a comment with your favourite book title!